Wednesday 8 May 2013

My Top Three Foundation Primers

My Top Three Foundation Primers 




My absolute favourite has to be my Nivea Express Hydration Primer . They have one for dry/sensitive skin which is the one i get and they also do one for normal/combination skin. I have been using this for about two weeks now and it really is amazing i have very dry skin and normally need a heavy moisturiser aswell as my primer but this  primer has been enough.
It has a light gel like consistency and absorbs into my skin very quickly allowing me to apply my foundation pretty much straight away. It smells very nice like i think most Nivea products do. It really does  keep my skin hydrated throughout the day  but i'm not too sure that it helps my make up stay on. 
I think this product is just a really nice light mosturiser that gives the impact of a heavy night  cream but i don't think it keeps my make up in place all day.
It is £3.99 from Superdrug at the moment as there is a £1.00 off and this is for a 50ml pot. If you have dry skin i would definitely give this a try.


 Next up is Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer which is more of a cream primer. I have actually finished this primer now and i would have re purchased if i hadn't got the Nivea one. I think this primer really does help keep my foundation in place all day but it isn't as hydrating as my Nivea one. I did love this primer whilst i was using it but know i have found the Nivea one i don't think i would go back to this again but i would definitely suggest you give it a go. It is £6.99 from boots for a 30ml.

Lastly is one that i haven't used too much over the past month but i did wear it on my Birthday Night out and that is the Lumi Magique Base from L'Oreal. This is a light cream consistency but you can see when you pump some out that is has a slight shimmer to it, not like glittery but when you apply it to your face it really does give you a glow and even when you apply your foundation on top you can see the glow. I have dry skin and so it is nice for me to have a slight glow to my face but i wouldn't recommend this is you have oily skin. This one really didn't help my make up stay on all night i had to touch up throughout the night!! It is £9.99 from Boots for a 20ml.

Hope this helps and please let me know of your best primers for dry skin x



No comments:

Post a Comment