Monday 10 June 2013

Mini Haul - Mac, miss selfridge, lush

 
I went on a day trip to Liverpool today, it was my first time and wow the shopping was amazing. All the shops I love in one place meant I spent way too much money! Although I could have spent a lot more!
 
The weather was lovely too so we sat outside at Red Hot World Buffet and had lunch. This place is fantastic, it is an all you can eat buffet with foods from all round the world plus it has a chocolate fountain for desert all included in the price!! 
 
I had a shopping list in my head before I got to the shops to prevent me going mad and it did actually work. I looked at a lot of products and Beauty Bazaar at Harvey Nichols was the hardest place to resist temptation but I did manage to!
 
I went to the Mac store in there and they did all my make -up and used some fantastic products that I loved and in the future I will probably buy but at the moment I am saving so I only got 3 things which where all on my original wish list. I got 2 lipsticks which I have wanted for a while now they are both nude pink shades but I love them for summer time! The first one I picked up was Hue which is a glaze lipstick it is a really lovely nude shade which I love for the summer as I am starting to wear brighter coloured clothes so I like to wear a soft nude on my lips to contrast rather than a bright lip and a bright top as I think that can sometimes look abit too much. The second one was Crème Cup which is a crème sheen lipstick so it is quite moisturising especially in this hot weather.
 
 
I was on the hunt for a new foundation to try and as I have nearly tried all the drugstore foundations I thought I would splash out on a more expensive brand. I did get colour matched for Nars Sheer Glow but I felt like the coverage wasn't enough for me so I went to Mac and spoke to the lady on the counter and explained I had dry skin and she initially recommended face & body but again the coverage is light which isn't great for me. In the end I went for Mineralize Moisture SPF15 Foundation in the colour NW20 which is a medium coverage and great for dry skin.
 
 I also went into Miss Selfridge as I was looking for an outfit for my Boyfriends Birthday Party. I tried this on and totally fell in love with it. I feel really comfortable in it and I think it flatters my figure well. It is a just black chiffon playsuit but I think I will jazz it up with a bold statement necklace and some nice heels.
 
The last thing I got was something I have seen talked about quite a lot and as I suffer from dry lips I thought I would give it a try. I couldn't decide on the flavour to get so I got 2 the BubbleGum & Popcorn. They are from Lush and cost £5.25.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment